Pages

Saturday 25 August 2018

Top 6 Massage Therapy Routes and Recommendations (At Home)



Massage Therapy has increased its effectiveness today compared to the past years. Are you ready to practice this therapy at home, which is one of the popular treatments of old times, but does not show much activity in the middle ages? Relax with light techniques, try to find peace. Lower the deeper and loosen your tissues with a bit more rigorous techniques. You can also use massage therapy to relax your muscles or treat diseases after you have played sports. But usually relaxation and muscle relaxation after sports.



In this post we will take you through the six massage therapy pathways and suggestions you can make at home. We recommend a detailed read.

1. Lacrosse Ball or Racquet Ball
By far the most cost effective at-home massage option. In fact, my chiropractor recommended this to help relieve sore muscles at home and provide some back relief during pregnancy.

All you need is a couple of lacrosse balls (like these) and a wall or floor. Place the ball between you and the wall/floor and apply pressure by leaning into the wall. I was shocked at how deep of a massage this provided and for only about $5, it can’t be beat! With a little patience, you can get a great deep-tissue massage this way. This video shows how:

If you’re feeling really fancy, they even now make special “trigger point massage balls” that are essentially the same thing. You can also use a tennis ball, baseball, or even golf ball (these provide really deep trigger point due to the small size).

TIP: I also keep a lacrosse ball in my car and use between my back and the seat on long drives to avoid muscle tension.

2. Acupressure Massage Cane
massage-therapy-caneMy mom first discovered this, and I’ll admit that I joked her about having “a cane” until I tried it myself. This inexpensive s-shaped cane provides an amazing trigger point massage. It allows you to reach areas of your back you normally can’t reach on your own.

I keep this by my couch so when we are watching a movie I can use it for back massage. I’m still amazed at how this thing is able to reach the tightest spots on my back and provide direct pressure.

3. Massage Pillow
massage-pillowOne of my favorite Christmas gifts of all time: a shiatsu massage pillow. I had my doubts about this thing, but now I use it at least a couple of times a week. Of all of these at-home options, this one feels closest to a real massage, in my opinion.

This Shiatsu Pillow has infrared heat to help relax and loosen muscles and 4 rotating nodes that can move either direction. This thing was an absolute life saver when I was pregnant and up many nights with prodromal labor!

It is also half the price of one massage in most places! Several friends have come over and tried this pillow and ordered one from Amazon on their phone before even leaving my house. It is that good!

4. Rumble Roller or Foam Roller
Rumble Roller- great gift idea for men- deep tissue massage at homeA Rumble Roller is another great choice for at-home deep tissue work. The Rumble Roller is essentially a basic foam roller with spikes on it so it can reach deeper muscles.

These are more work than a massage pillow but can be super-effective if you are willing to use it regularly. If you’re feeling creative, you can always make your own for about $10!

A very similar option is the MOBO system that helps to release tight or sore areas that you want to work on at home. There are multiple ways to use it and is easy to pack and travel with. Use code wellnessmama10 for 10% off!

5. At-Home Massage Course
If you have a willing partner, the best option for a true massage is to take an at-home couples massage class together. This one is my favorite because it is a romantic but PG-rated massage course that teaches couples how to give great massages. We really enjoyed this series and I’d definitely recommend it!

6. Bonus: High Quality Massage Tools
Another option for getting a quality massage without an appointment is a handheld massager. My chiropractor one almost every time I go in to get adjusted, and it’s amazing!

It’s called the MyoBuddy and it is an electronic percussive massager that mimics the effects of a deep tissue massage for muscles and fascia. It also only costs as much as a couple good deep tissue massages and you can use it every day.

While it’s a bit more expensive than the other options listed above, if you use it instead of going for a regular massage you’ll save several hundred dollars in the first year alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How long does broccoli take to grow?

Those who want to cultivate broccoli are most likely to be able to develop the product in a very short time. Although there are different...